The Companies Register must hold up to date addresses for your company's:
- registered office
- address for service, and
- address for communication.
The registered office address must be a physical address — not a PO Box or a DX service.
According to the Companies Act 1993 section 186:
- A New Zealand company must always have a registered office in New Zealand.
- The description of the registered office must—
- state the address of the registered office; and
- if the registered office is at the offices of any firm of accountants, barristers and solicitors, or any other person, state—
- that the registered office of the company is at the offices of that firm or person; and
- particulars of the location in any building of those offices; or
- if the registered office is not at the offices of any such firm or person but is located in a building occupied by persons other than the company, state particulars of its location in the building.
You must notify Companies Office at least 5 working days before a change of address for the registered office of a company is due to take effect.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Company.||
|Select the Company from the list.||
CAS 360 will display the Registered Office Address screen.
In the New Address field, begin typing the new Address. CAS 360 will begin searching the Global Address screen for the Address. If the Address has not been previously added to the Global addresses screen, will appear.
Clickto add a new Address.
|Effective Date||The date of the address change. The effective date must be at least 5 working days into the future.|
|Is the premises occupied by someone other than the company?||Selectif the company does not occupy the address. The name of the occupier must be entered.|
|Also Apply Address changes to:||Select if you want the address change to apply to Address for Service, Address for Communication, Meeting Address and Location of Registers.|
CAS 360 will display the Document Production screen and automatically select the documents required:
- Cover Letter
- Company Change Summary
- Directors Minutes or Resolution